Call Us

(410) 310-1330

Email Us


Schedule Online

You cannot see it, you cannot smell it and you cannot taste it; however, it is extremely dangerous and can even be fatal. What are we referring to? Carbon monoxide gas. Poisoning occurs when this gas builds up in enclosed spaces and is inhaled by individuals, leading to symptoms that range from mild discomfort to severe illness or death. With good reason then, homeowners will want to do all they can to protect their households from carbon monoxide. What are some ways to do it?

Carbon monoxide can enter homes through various sources, including malfunctioning gas appliances, chimneys with blockages, and car exhaust fumes that seep indoors to name but a few. Poorly ventilated spaces allow the gas to accumulate, putting occupants at risk.

Initial symptoms of carbon monoxide exposure resemble flu-like symptoms: headache, fatigue, shortness of breath, and nausea. If multiple people in your household experience these symptoms simultaneously, carbon monoxide poisoning may be the cause.

Carbon monoxide detectors are essential for early detection. They should be installed near bedrooms and living areas, and regularly tested to ensure their functionality. You should also ensure proper ventilation in your home by keeping vents and exhausts clear of obstructions. Open windows periodically to improve airflow.

Another important step toward keeping your household safe is to schedule regular inspections and maintenance for gas appliances, heaters, and chimneys. This reduces the risk of leaks and ensures efficient combustion. Always operate gasoline-powered generators and tools outdoors, away from windows and doors. Follow manufacturer guidelines for safe usage.

As you can see, the risks of carbon monoxide poisoning can be increased if steps are not taken to prevent carbon monoxide buildup. If you suspect a carbon monoxide leak, contact your local fire department or emergency services.

error: Content is protected !!