Call Us

(410) 310-1330

Email Us

joelgibney@nethomeinspections.net

Schedule

Schedule Online

Would you like to spend weeks with an extremely itchy rash and painful swelling on your body? Yeah, me neither. Most people wouldn’t! Unfortunately, that’s what happens when most people are exposed to urushiol – a substance that comes from poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac.

The reaction can be even more of a hazard if the urushiol from those plants makes contact with your eyes, or is inhaled. For that reason, you should never, ever burn poison ivy, poison oak, or poison sumac. Besides keeping that smoke away from you, you’ll also be keeping your neighbors safe from it.

Some weed killers specially target these plants, but the oils from the plants can last for quite some time after the plant itself has died. For that reason, if you’re removing them from your yard, it’s always a good idea to wear thick work gloves, along with pants and even long sleeves.

error: Content is protected !!