Smart Homeowners not only invest in a home but they invest time in maintaining it. There are several things that smart homeowners are always sure to take care of. Here is a list of just a few things that should always be maintained in your home.
- Drain your hot water heater. Draining your water heater will remove sediment and keeps it running more efficiently and for a longer time.
- It’s also important to check your ductwork connections. The crawl space and the attic ducts can droop over time and become loose. You can be paying more on utility cost than you have to so check the connections periodically.
- Dryer vent ducts also should be cleaned out. Lint can build up over time and your dryer will work harder because of the build-up. This will increase your energy cost but it’s also a huge fire risk. Lint is extremely flammable.
- A roof inspection is so important. The roof is a very common area for damage during severe weather. It’s good to check for missing shingles or tiles. You can check the attic for any signs of water damage which will let you know that something is going on on the roof. Replace any missing tiles immediately to avoid leaks in the home.
- Keep an eye out for water damage. Look for any evidence of water around plumbing fixtures under windows or bubbling paint drywall. Take time to address any issues that you find to reduce long-term problems and costs.
Homeownership is ideal, but every smart and responsible homeowner sees the value of home maintenance. Make it a priority!